Thursday, December 17, 2009

Support Group

For the past month I have been regularly attending Al-anon meetings to help me deal with my spouse's problems with alcohol. It was very scary to walk into the 1st meeting, but now I am more calm about it now. I really actually needed to go about 5 years ago but hey, better late than never. I am not sure what I expected exactly...hugging, crying ,etc., but actually it's more humor, uplift, and deep insights. I know 2 of the meetings I actively felt the presence of God with me. Pretty wild, huh. I still don't know much and don't even know all the words of the serenity prayer, but it helps.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

That's really, really awesome. I'm so glad for your having found that community. It's funny how Blogger has a link that says "Report Abuse" on it next to your entry (as always). It kind of gives it additional meaning.

And although I'm not a churchgoing sort, I totally believe in that kind of Jesus.