Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Come Undone

HD blasted into a case of roseola this past weekend, her poor little body burning with fever. My cold morphed into a heinous sinus infection and all were miserable for about 48 hours. Then miraculously, in the middle of one of the funniest/ most true movies, "Mean Girls", we all felt better. It's so yucky when kids are sick and when mom is too. Everything seems so much harder, so hopeless and helpless. More so for me because I am a healthcare professional, licensed to practice medicine!

I was a in bit of a depression yesterday while hacking up phlegm and peeing in my pants at the same time...what have I gotten myself into? What was I thinking, trying to be a grown up and having kids, a demanding job, etc. Then today , feeling better and having read a little bit of a book about the saga of the crazy good band, Guns and Roses, I decided to get over it and resume my life...yes...I have to delagate and let people help me more (I feel like I already have, and don't want to take advantage of anyone.) I got some helpful advice to take a nap everyday...that sounds like the advice I try to give to Lou Lou. That would be great except, I don't like napping in the day because it makes me groggy for the rest of it and I can't sleep at night when I do that.

I think I would just like a little time each day to recharge (1 hour) where NO ONE needs anything from me. That is really what I need to find the time for. This week as I recover from my illness, has been great because grandparents have taken LL to vacation bible school each night and the HD has slept by 7:45....quiet time for mommy and daddy!

No comments: