Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The tyranny of the urgent

I often have a problem with getting caught up the the anxiety of the events of the day and rushing through stuff. Of course, the last 2 years the excuse has been that I need to get home to the baby/ do my errands before I get home to the baby. Physically it affects me in the form of sore neck muscles, general bit*hiness and fatigue when I let get all caught up in it. It is so hard for me to consciously slow down and breath sometimes. The only time when it lets up some is when I make some major change like, job, house, surgery, etc. But then there are new things to stress about then! My dh is very much the opposite most of the time although I think I rub off on him occasionally. He can live in the moment and not think much about what is next.

No comments: