Friday, July 13, 2007

Food "O" face

I have been enjoying food again as I recover. I mean, really enjoying food!!! To the point of "O" face. Last night I had dh bring home some shrimp scampi and pasta from Johnny Carinos our local chain Italian restaurant. The scampi, which I had never tried was SO GOOD. I told him, as I was sopping up the butter, wine, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and shrimp with a big hunk of bread, that he should go get this for me whenever I am hormonal/ PMS. Tonight, I was getting dinner ready and saw a cook on tv preparing mushrooms. I modified it a bit to my taste but the recipe, I had to share with you all. Scrumptious!!!

Sherry Mushroom Tapas

6-8 White mushrooms
2T Olive oil
1 pat Butter
1 clove Garlic crushed
Salt and pepper
1 T Sherry wine
Parsley
Lemon juice
Bread

Heat sautee pan on medium
Add olive oil, butter and garlic
Place mushrooms in pan, top down
When bottoms are brown, flip mushrooms over
Season with salt and pepper
Add sherry and parsley
When cooked, spritz with lemon juice
Serve with bread

No comments: