Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love and an IUD

I have been blaming my mirena IUD lately for my moodiness, weight, etc. I am probably misplacing my blame but perhaps it is just the knowledge that that little piece of plastic eluting hormones in my body is keeping me from getting pregnant. I know that I will not be having more kids, but it still feels weird to be doing something to prevent pregnancy. When people ask me if I will be having more kids, my "NO" comes out so fast everyone comments on it. Maybe it isn't even the fertility thing. Some part of me thinks I need to be "natural" and not have devices/ hormones, etc. in my body. That's extra funny considering I was on birth control pills from age 16 to age 31.

Sex, an enjoyable activity, when we can find a rare moment of kid-free/ aloneness, is now, just for sex. Creating life is no longer part of the agenda. Maybe I am just a weirdo. Maybe I am just feeling amazing fortunate to be blessed with 2 healthy girls that I should just be grateful.

1 comment:

Erica Kain said...

Hey there. As I've been thinking along the same lines (IUD), it's timely for me to read your post. Certain pill prescriptions turned me into a depressed freak who wouldn't leave the house. But Loestrin didn't, it actually made my PMS (and my period itself) go away, so maybe that's what I'll do this time. But I hear you about how strange it must be... sex without trying to get pregnant... hm!?? What's that!???